SP7 Questionare!

Here are my answers to the SP7 Questionare! I will post them in a more permanent place later!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
Nope I love all yarn! I really like Carons Simply Soft. It is washable and very soft. But, I do love a great silk yarn or Noro,etc. at times when I can splurge....

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I spin though not much lately. I have a wheel, bottom whorl, and turkish spindle.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a needle case my mom made my grandmother years and years ago. After my mom passed away my grandmother gave it to me... Other then that I have them in buckets or with the projects I am working on.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting off and on for about 2 years. I am an advanced beginner.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do have an Amazon wishlist and I have a Knitpicks list.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

LAVENDER!!!
Love it! It is sooo relaxing!


7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

I do... I am not a big milk/dark chocolate fan. (I know GASP!) But I do like mints and I do like white chocolate.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Beads, polymar clay, clay items...


9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Country, Jazz, Gospel, anything but Rap or Hip Hop. I will listen to it if I am out etc.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love Autumn and Spring... i love blues and lavenders...

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married (8 years this August) and I have a DD who will be 4 in Feb. I have a Cairn Terrier, Sophie and a Cat Charlie (a girl) and a Shepherd lab mix Zowie.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Hats, mittens and scarves. Not a poncho fan.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Right now I love CAron Simply Soft and lace weight yarn!!

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Nothing yet!

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Lace projects!

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Hats (they are quick), cables, lace!!

17. What are you knitting right now?
Kate Cat from Knitty for DD, a wedding afghan sampler, Slanted Eyelet Scarf, and want to recast Mystery Shawl along 2 pattern.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Love them!!

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I really like circs!

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo! and I do use aluminum

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Not yet but they are on my next Christmas list

22. How did you learn to knit?
Taught myself...

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Not that old... Well about a year... Not finished socks.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Scooby Doo!!

25. What is your favorite holiday?
DD's Birthday and Christmas

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Besides Yarn! beads... unique buttons

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Vogue Knitting
Used to subscribe to Interweave knits... I had to curb to save $$ but need to relook into subscribing..I do pick them up at the store when I see one that stricks.


28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Folk Shawls, Knitted Babes, really nice silk yarn to knit a shawl with, and any unique dyes for fiber!

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Provisional cast on, fair isle

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I knit socks! My foot is a US ladies 9

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
11/15

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi from your Secret Pal! Thanks for the info!

Sheepish Annie said...

Gee, almost makes me want to abandon my "I'm too cool to be a joiner" stance!!! Have fun!

Shelby said...

Hi Heather, Thanks for posting your SP7 questionnaire! I hope you have fun spoiling your pal and being spoiled too!

Shelby