Tongues

Tongues? Yep... Did you know that if injured they heal remarkably fast and well.... How do I know... Well Miss Emily had a slight incident sledding at daycare Thursday! She slipped on icy snow and literally put a hole about the size of a dime in her tongue! Not all the way through mind you but more crater like! I have to say she handled it very well... We took the trip to the ER and were told it could need a stitch but it should heal fine without. We opted for no stitch... So she is on a soft food diet for at least three days , antibiotics for precaution and rinsing after every meal... I kept her home Friday... She wakes up to a healed over tongue! It does not even show signs of a hole! It was crazy!! Of course it is swollen and sore! We even took a before picture....


It was taken in photo booth in front of my iMac but you can see it....

2 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Holy cow! That looks like it huuuuuurt!! I'm glad to know that it healed so quickly. I'm assuming that ice cream is part of that soft food diet...that could go a long way towards promoting healing, I should think. :)

Ronni said...

Owww! I doubt I'd have taken it that well. Thanks for stopping by the other day with knitting time suggestions. I've added your name to the "spreadsheet of yarny goodness".