Secret Pal 9 Questions!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I recently fell in love with alpaca! I love anything soft and not fake acrylic scratchy like
I do knit with pure wool but am slightly allergic to it. I can knit with it though....

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I store my DPNs in a zippered pencil case and my straights in a needle case my late mother made for my grandmother (she gave it to me after my mom died) it is a funky seventies green... I have nothing for my circs though....

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for about 3 years and taught myself. I would say I am beginner/intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Not right now

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Anything citrus, lavendar, fresh linen like.....

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I really do not care for chocolate.... I will eat white chocolate. i love the Mikes and Ikes candes though!!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I love to write and draw. i do spin. I own a spindle and wheel.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love all music. Depends on my mood. I love the new country.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
purples, blues, naturals

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have been married 8 years and have a 4 year old daughter
I have a cairn terrier, Sophie who is 2 and 2 cats Charlie 2(who is a girl and Daisy about 8 weeks (who is a boy) long stories....

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves hats and mittens.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
socks, shawls

13. What are you knitting right now?
baby items (it seems everyone is having babies!) and Clapotis

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
straight and circs depends on what I am doing. I love bamboo.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
1 year

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Buttons, drop spindles

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I am wanting the One Skein, Mason Dixon and i love any felting pattern.
i have a subscription to Knit 1

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I would like to try to dye my own fiber and/or yarn
Needlefelting
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am a sock knitter! My foot is a size 9 US woman shoe

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
November 15

0 comments: