SO... It has been raining...

I report there is currently sunlight here in NH!! YEAH!!!!! I thought we were going to float away!! We always get water in the cellar but this time it was pretty scary!! The power went out for a couple hours and the water rose!! Oh my! My father-in-law and sister in laws all are trapped over in Maine... hopefully the water is going down in one direction so they can at least get out! They lost power for a day or so. My father-in law had about 2 feet of water in his basement but was able to get it pumped out once power was restored!


So, no knitting... still trying to figure out what to knit.. I am thinking baby! My brother is expecting in Oct.

Finally Miss Emily and I get to take our trip to Boston tomorrow! This week is our April Break! The Amtrak train from Boston to Portland has been shut down and is finally working!! YEAH!! I am taking her to the Museum of Science!! I may try to find a yarn shop in that area but we will see!

And! Monday, 9:30 am is my gallbladder surgery! I was almost chickening out because I have actually felt pretty good! i spoke to soon! Last night had another attack! It was terrible!! But I made it thru and will now eat "rabbit food" until Sunday night! Then nothing after midnight!! Wish me luck!!

On a sad note...
We had a terrible local tragedy... a grandmother (40) and her 4 yo granddaughter were swept away feet from their home Monday... My husband and i realized who the families involved were and we all know either older brothers or sisters, etc. My brother went to school with both the little girl's mother and father! I cry just thinking of it. I too lost a daughter and a mother but they were 10 months apart... I look at Emily now in a total new light and thank God for every minute I have! So, please hug your loved ones more and more....

My thoughts and prays go out to VA Tech. I visited friends there about 8 years ago... It is a great campus and loving community... May God Keep them and bless them... My prays are with them daily.

Those are all the thoughts in my head until next time!
Heather

1 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

I was so shocked when I heard about the two fatalities in our own neck of the woods. Just tragic...

Glad to hear you are OK after the "weather incident" and didn't have to swim to the mailbox or anything.

Thinking good thoughts for you on Monday with the surgery! All will be well.