My LYS Trip....

Last night I went on my yarn finding trip to Spinning Yarns in Dover, NH. A co-worker is due with a baby in February and I wanted to knit a sweater. So, I went looking for the yarn to go with a pattern by Reynolds called Blossom. Well, Spinning Yarns no longer carries it.... That's okay they showed me what yarn would be a great substitute.... But then I found another pattern there for a baby sweater just as easy and a matching hat!! So, here are my buys:
I had to buy new Brittany size 8 needles to knit the sweater and size 7 bamboo circs to transfer Clapotis over (much easier knitting then straights!) and 4 skeins of
Cascade Cotton Rich in Natural, the pattern is from Plymouth Yarns and called for Fantasy Naturale Yarn but I did not like what they had for color selection this time in.....


Then I had to buy another ball of the Baby Alpaca Brushed!! I had only found one the last time in there sale bucket!! But look I found another!! Now I know I have enough for a hat for meme!!!

Well, I am off to Eliot Festival Day with my sister and DD! I am hoping to see fiber there but highly doubt it!! Sometimes a local person may put a booth up but it is a small little Maine town festival! I love it!! Then shopping at the mall.... And I want to hit the bookstore to take a look at the Mason Dixon Knitting Book.... LYS did not have it and they told me it did not inspire them enough to carry it... Although they did have the One Skein Book which I really like...... They also carry the Nashua Handknits Julia Yarn! I have been eyeing the Little Majolica from IK's Fall 2006! I just need to call and get the price i forgot to make a mental note!! But the great thing is they have a frequent shopper card... For every 5 and 10 amount you get a stamp and then when it is all filled!! 20% off your next purchase!!

1 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Who is "with child" at my former place of employment??? I'm so out of the loop! Enjoy the festival!